Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bird Walk

Metal is strong, tough, and makes a good roof.  One thing I didn't realise is that birds land on a roof, like I placed landing lights and a sealed pathway on an above ground runway, and they find a reason to hang around up there, like they have a social group meeting.

Whatever they discuss makes at least one bird, scratch and peck, peck peck, peck, peck peck peck, the rhythm is relentless,  and today's bird has been on the roof for the last half an hour, yes, I have kept an eye on the clock.  I wanted to know just how long one bird, can spend on my good solid metal roof.

This last month is first time I noticed that the bird population has a fascination for the roof.  The only reason I am home at the moment is a slow down in sales, so I have time off,  the boss said he would call when he needed me, so I wait for a call.  And while I wait I listen to the bird walking on the roof.

No-one wants to do much about the bird noise, the take offs and landings and pecking.  Off course the others in this house don't hear anything, they think that I'm nuts.  Maybe I am, I just wish that the bird was walking on the moon, that was silent up there, and I don't mind that the birds walk all over the roof, I just want silent footprints, like it was on the moon.

"Turn the TV on love," says Bob, when I complain about the noise.  The only trouble with that is the programs on TV, either I don't like them, or I have seen them before, and mostly once was enough.  The News is okay, and so are NCIS and CSI, and Criminal Minds.

Which reminds me, Bob said he had something on his mind, or in his mind, never mind, think the bird with its whacking is getting to me.  And now I think I'm hearing a truck outside.  I'm not expecting anything, or anyone, but that sounds like someone is outside.

Well I'll be.

"Hi love, says Bob. "Thought of something to muffle the sound of birds on the roof, by tomorrow arvo you wont hear a bird on the roof, not after the insulation batts have been installed."




for Inspiration Monday:BeKindRewrite

No comments:

Post a Comment