Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Recieving End

Cold wind cuts through my clothing, I should have worn my coat, but I wasn’t expecting to wait this long.  I notice the gum tree is flowering, didn’t think this was the time of year a gum tree is supposed to flower, but then I don’t know all that much about gum trees.

The tree was flowering when I met Kal here for the first time, that was a warmer day, a day of.....Kal should be here, he agreed to meet in the usual place, this place.  I walk to my car, place my hand on the handle of the door.  I hesitate.  I am cold, miserable, and passing time is a chasm of ever deepening distance.
 
 Kal must have decided that he does not want to answer my question. He didn't give an answer when I spoke to him on the phone, he said he couldn’t talk, I have never asked for much,  I just wanted to understand why he hadn't mentioned his wife and kids.  Three of them.  I wouldn’t have known about them if he hadn’t turned up at the football match.  

I felt it then, I was standing at the crossroads, when I saw him standing there with his arm around another woman, the ring on his finger glared at me.  I felt something break.  The situation was confirmed when a pretty almost teenage girl and two boys in football clothes came up to Kal and the other woman and asked a question that opened the bank of mum and dad and because I saw another life, and because he saw me seeing his other life, I should have known that Kal would be late arriving at our special place.





No comments:

Post a Comment